Applications accepted from 1 May 2021 through 30 June 2021
This year’s topic is:
- What skill(s) did you discover about yourself from your military experience and how will you put those skills to use?
- The entry is free, but a student may only enter one time per year
- The essay should be between 1000 and 1500 words in length and must be in English
- Document should have 1” margins and be written in 12 Pt. Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- No offensive, harassing, incendiary, or defaming content may be used.
- By submitting an essay, the student is certifying that the content is fully original.
- Entrant’s full name, email, and mailing address should appear on a separate page and be submitted with the essay.
- Essays should be sent to [email protected], with the subject line “Scholarship Essay Contest.”
- Winners will receive notification
via email and will be required to reply to those emails. S/he must
supply enrollment verification and DD214 or documented active duty
status within 2 weeks of notification. If required documentation is not
received, winner fails to respond to the email, or refuses the award for
any reason, the award will be forfeited.
- Once the essay is submitted, entrants are encouraged to access their Facebook, Twitter, pages and repost the scholarship page; this helps spread the word about the scholarship to as many students as possible.
- Entrants should also “Like” our Facebook page and “follow” us on Twitter (#ATTVeteransERG).
- Entry automatically constitutes agreement on the part of the entrant to all of the Terms and Conditions listed below.
Methods of Judging
All eligible essays will be evaluated by a panel. The following criteria will be used:
- Originality of thought and structure
- Quality of grammar and composition, including organization, vocabulary, etc.
- Creativity and depth of thought
panel shall determine the top winners, based upon a scoring rubric, and
will then publish those winner names on its site, and social media
pages, as it deems appropriate.
Deadline for entries is June 30, 2021.
Terms and Conditions: By
submitting an entry to Scholarship Contest, the entrant automatically
agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entrants attest that
any entry submitted to the AT&T Veterans scholarship essay contest
will be fully original and is one that has never been submitted or
published anywhere else. We reserve the right to subject every entry to a
plagiarism-scan, in order to verify originality. Once an entry is
submitted, entrant agrees that all ownership rights to that essay are
transferred to AT&T Veterans and all copyright laws protect
ownership by AT&T Veterans. Entrant understands and agrees that s/he
may not reproduce, transfer, share, republish, or otherwise use or
distribute the entry essay in any way, without express written
permission. Entrant agrees that the organization may use his/her name in
publishing the contest entrants and/or winners. AT&T Veterans shall
protect all other personal information of every contestant and shall
not provide personal information to any third party.